21 November 2008

hiding part II

After reading a fellow blogger's (and friend) entry about hiding (check out Life as Two which you'll find in the sidebar) I was going to comment on her blog when I realized I actually could write my own entry about hiding...

She writes on her blog that when she's stressed, things aren't going well, etc. she retreats into herself... no blogs, no emails, no nothing... I react to stress the same way. In fact, my two best friends know that when they don't receive a phone call or email from me for about two weeks, it's time for them to call or write or send a little note to check up on me... thanks S & P! What would I do without them? My DH (meaning Dear Husband, to borrow a phrase) knows that he should tiptoe around me, but doesn't, and says and does silly things to try and get me to laugh... or knows that coming home with a bottle of red wine and perhaps a movie to watch is just the thing to ease my stress.

Another good sign that I am in self-retreat/survival/stress-coping mode is if you find me reading (yet again, for probably the seventh time) the Harry Potter series. I don't know what it is about that series but it is a great way to spend a half an hour or an hour when I need to escape from the pressures of this life...

I can look back on this blog and notice where my most stressful times were - those times where weeks or months went by when I didn't have anything to say. Like M, all I really wanted to do is whine and who wants to hear that... I didn't have anything nice to say so I didn't say anything at all. You won't believe how many times I sat down to write something and came up with nothing except how tired and stressed I was feeling.

Right now is one of those times. It is a Friday night and I am working, which is the last thing I want to do after a busy week. We move (yet again) next weekend. The end of the school term is fast approaching and all I can do is think about HOW MUCH work for my course I have yet to complete.

That is where I will leave it. If you're thinking about me or worried about me, a little note of encouragement is always welcome, and especially your prayers.

There is only one small problem. My HP books are currently in boxes in a shed in Surrey. I guess Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt will have to do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

may say I agree with you whole heartly Di...I was thinking even though we are both busy packing next week we should get together as I have to collect some movies from you yet... talk to you soon