24 February 2009

two minutes

... to tell you about two interesting books I've started to read recently. The Year of Living Biblically, One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A.J. Jacobs. An editor-at-large for Esquire magazine, Jacobs decides to explore religion and faith and follow the Bible as literally as he can. I was only on the introduction and I was hooked. He is at time irreverent, but he actually asks some good questions and brings up good issues about faith and religion (which is surprising that he is so refreshingly honest, being a journalist..)

Also, The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler. I'm less sure about this one, but being a lover of all things Jane Austen (except the movie Becoming Jane which is really a total fabrication), this book has always been on my list.

I'll keep you informed as to how they go.

No comments: