08 August 2011

Random Things: A List




1. Hello. I know it's been a while since I've written. I'm not going to count the days because I don't have the time. tempo e denaro folks.

2. M and I celebrated our 7th anniversary last Saturday. We couldn't believe seven years had gone passed when it seemed possibly four years at the most. It has been a good seven years, challenging and wonderful at the same time. I remember the day like it was yesterday. We may have been late coming back from the hairdressers. The bridesmaids dresses may or may not have been closing properly, causing my three visiting aunts from Ontario to scramble after my three attendants to pin their dresses closed. Four or more pairs of black socks might have been borrowed from the pastor (who thankfully lived in a manse next door to the church) because the groom, the groomsmen, and possibly even the ushers did not remember to bring black socks. White socks with black tuxes - so classy. But it was a great day. I remember being nervous before the ceremony but being totally relaxed afterwards - it's done, we're married, now the party can start. I remember being served food and punch by my new father-in-law at the standing reception. Sushi - yum! Photographs, cruising around in a silver El Camino, laughing, enjoying the day. It was exactly the day we had planned out - a fun, relaxing day with eachother and our family and friends. We have been so blessed and are looking forward to many more years to annoy, I mean, love eachother.

3. To celebrate our anniversary, we went to Vancouver for supper and then strolled around the downtown area a bit. It was a beautiful, warm night that has been scarce this summer and we decided to grab a table at a pub right on the sidewalk and have a pint (or two). It was a great place to people watch. A woman walked by wearing acid-washed jeans and a fanny pack. A guy walked by with a bright yellow snake draped over his shoulders (yes it was real). Guess which scared me more? Hint: it wasn't the snake.

4. I love Swagbucks. I get free stuff for doing searches I would normally do for my job. It's awesome.

5. Just as I was working tonight I could not remember how to spell inevitably. It scared me. But then I spelled somatically right. So it's a wash. Phew, I'm okay.

6. My oldest baby A, turns 4 (four!) this Thursday. I'm in denial. I can't believe it has been four years. Where has the time gone? What a little pint-sized, fireball of blessing she has been. One is for sure - our life will never be boring.

6. I went to see The Wiggles with A as a birthday present. It was so much fun. I will be singing "Hot Potato, Hot Potato" the whole rest of the week but it was worth it. She had a blast singing and dancing. However, I have to say that riding the Sky Train made a bigger impression on her than seeing Anthony, Murray, Sam, and Captain Feathersword live on stage.

7. I have just said goodbye to someone I've spent a lot of time with the past few months and have known for almost a decade. It was hard shutting the book on that friendship, but I know I'll see him and his friends again, probably not for a while. Other old friends are clamouring for attention and I've been neglecting them and the new friends I could possibly make. I am talking, of course, of Harry Potter. The final movie came out a few weeks ago but I wanted to read the series over before I saw it. It was a bittersweet moment when I read the final page of the final book, knowing that the last movie was waiting for me to see it. And then what? I have a long relationship with Harry Potter. I started reading the series for a university class on Children's Literature. The books had been out before then and my sister loved them but I dismissed them as a fad. Then I was assigned to read the third book for my class. I decided to read the first two as well, to get the whole story. I was hooked by the first line. Since then, every year or so there has been the delicious, delightful anticipation of a new movie or book. But now that is gone and I am a bit sad. I felt the same way after finishing reading the whole The Lord of the Rings books consecutively. I felt like I was saying goodbye to old friends, who I spent a lot of time with (albeit procrastinating studying for finals). Anyways, it's time to move on and so I'm looking for some recommendations.

8. Costco had Christmas decorations in their store on Monday. Seems like it gets earlier and earlier every year. Pretty soon the stores will just leave them up all year round.

9. I don't really have anything important to say in #9. I just didn't feel like ending at #8. My younger but taller sister is getting married in 10 days. Things are busy but exciting. You won't see me for a while, but hopefully I'll be back before September. Happy August!

No comments: